International Shipping to Guinea Bissau
Guinea Bissau is a tropical country on West Africa’s Atlantic coast known for its famous national parks.
Guinea Bissau covers an area of approximately 36,000 square kilometres and has a population of around 1.8 million people.
Some of Guinea Bissau’s main imports include; Fuel, Food and Machinery.
We work hard to be different from the larger UK Freight Forwarders, in that we give all our customers a greater amount of our time and personal attention, checking and assisting with all their overseas shipping and documentation requirements. Taking the pressure of our clients, leaving them to focus on what they do best, making and selling their products. We offer complete International shipping services to Guinea Bissau from UK, by Air Freight and Sea Freight to Guinea Bissau main Air and Sea Ports, for UK exporters, Guinea Bissau trading companies as well as private shippers. With the co-operation of local reliable Bissau-Guinean Customs Brokers, we can also offer a full door to door logistics service UK to Guinea Bissau.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping to Guinea Bissau from UK
EON Logistics staff have over 40 years’ worldwide logistics experience and can offer complete International shipping by Air and Sea freight throughout Guinea Bissau from UK, serving the main commercial areas, as well as remote parts of Guinea Bissau. We ship all types of Commercial Cargo and personal household effects International removals.
We can offer the following types of international shipping services to Guinea Bissau main Port of Bissau.
Sea Freight to Guinea Bissau from UK
- FCL – Full Containers Sea Freight to Bissau from UK
- LCL – Less Container Loads by Sea Freight UK to Guinea Bissau Port
- D.I.Y. International Household Moving from UK to Bissau, LCL & FCL
- Temperature controlled FCL Foodstuffs by Sea Freight to Bissau from UK
Air Freight to Guinea Bissau from UK
- Priority & Economy Air Freight UK to Osvaldo Viera Airport Bissau
- Temperature controlled Air Freight UK to Guinea Bissau Airports
- AOG Express parts by Airfreight to Guinea Bissau from UK
Specialist Project Shipping & Oversized Sea Freight to Guinea Bissau
- OOG & Heavy Cargo shipping by Sea Freight to Guinea Bissau from UK
- Agricultural Machinery Sea Freight UK to Bissau Port
- Used Factory Machinery shipping to Guinea Bissau from UK
Specialist Additional Services
- UK Procurement services for Bissau-Guinean buyers (zero rating UK VAT)
- Letter of Credit shipping documents and banking services
- Export Packing services compliant with Guinea Bissau requirements.
- Cargo Insurance for suitably packed new commercial goods
- Collections from multiple UK suppliers and consolidating together
Project Cargo Specialists Sea Freight to Guinea Bissau
EON Logistics staff just love difficult Project Freight Shipping or OOG/Out of Gauge Cargo Shipping to Guinea Bissau from UK. As International Freight Forwarders we’re a bit like a travel agent, in that instead of knowing all the best passenger airlines, best holiday resorts, hotels or cruise lines for your holidays around Guinea Bissau, a good
Project Freight Forwarder knows all the best UK Sea Freight Shipping and Air Cargo Carriers, from the large number of carriers who claim to offer Out of Gauge/ OOG Freight Shipping or Heavy Lift/Oversized Cargo services by Sea freight to Bissau Port from UK.
Most Logistics companies in UK have experience of sea freighting normal/easy to handle commercial cargos as FCL/LCL in standard sea shipping containers to Guinea Bissau. Only a small number of specialist UK Project Freight Forwarders will have the necessary analytical experience of shipping by sea freight to Guinea Bissau, those extra-large cargos that are out of the box. Transporting OOG/Oversized Cargo/Heavy Lift sea freight to Guinea Bissau from UK requires many years of hands on Project Sea freight shipping experience, which EON Logistics have in abundance.
Whatever you need to sea freight to Guinea Bissau from UK and based on any delivery deadlines, we will offer you a wide choice of UK to Guinea Bissau sea freight shipping or air freight service options, for you to choose from; we can handle all the UK Road Transport, Port Security, VGM, UK Customs, advice on any country specific documentation or inspection requirements and all standard shipping documentation needs for shipping your cargo from UK to Guinea Bissau main port of Bissau. .
We can recommend reliable Bissau-Guinean Customs Brokers, who will be happy to quote your buyers directly for the local Customs clearance, handling and delivery requirements.
UK to Guinea Bissau Shipping Service information
Below are the current Sea and Air Freight service details from UK to Guinea Bissau, to suit buyers’ timelines and cost budgets for shipping to Guinea Bissau from UK.
- FCL Container shipping to Bissau. Weekly sailings ex Felixstowe, with transit of approx. 28 to 42 days to Bissau via Lisbon or Tangiers
- LCL Sea Freight small consignments by Sea Freight to Bissau. Fortnightly ex UK via Lisbon, with 2 monthly sailings from Lisbon to Guinea Bissau with transit of approx. 30 days.
- Air Freight UK to Bissau Airport. Daily flights with TAP Air Portugal via Lisbon, Royal Maroc via Casablanca or Ethiopian Airlines via Addis Ababa,
Requirements & Prohibited Items
- Cars, trucks and used agricultural machinery should always be steam cleaned before sea freighting to Guinea Bissau from UK, to remove all soil residue and pests.
- Similar to most countries your buyers should check with their local Bissau-Guinean Customs Broker, if the goods being shipped from UK can be imported into Guinea Bissau. The local Customs Broker should confirm before goods are shipped from UK to Guinea Bissau, if they can be imported without any restrictions. Normal prohibited items will include, but not limited to the following: Cash, Diamonds, Bullion, precious metals, live animals, drugs, firearms and ammunition.
- ISPM15, timber packing and marking requirements. Most countries around the globe, including the UK, require that any timber packaging used when shipping is heat treated and has the appropriate HT and/or ISPM15 stamps visible on the timber package, to prevent any insects or pests transferring and affecting agriculture or forests in the country of destination.
Export Goods in Transit Cargo Insurance, for Guinea Bissau
- It is important to arrange Goods in Transit Cargo Insurance cover, in the event of a damage or pilferage incident during Sea or Air Freight to Guinea Bissau from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured, unless you arrange via your own companies Insurance brokers, or you ask your Freight Forwarder to quote for Goods in Transit Insurance cover and you accept their quote in writing.
- You should not rely on the carriers to Guinea Bissau’s liability insurance cover, under their Air Waybill or Ocean Bills or Lading terms and conditions. This does not equate to full goods in transit cargo insurance cover for the value of your goods and may rely on some proof of negligence by the carriers, which is naturally very difficult to prove.
- We recommend that you must suitably export pack your goods to withstand the normal multiple handling, transhipping or stacking it will endure throughout a normal international road transport, sea freight or air freight from UK to Guinea Bissau. It could be handled more than 10 times to Bissau.
- Insurance companies and transport carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is not suitably export packed.
Customs Import advice
- It is the Guinea Bissau buyers’ responsibility to check that they can import the goods they are buying from UK exporters. We recommend that you check with your Bissau-Guinean buyers, that they have a local import customs broker, who can advise the buyers on the current customs documentation requirements for importing the products you are shipping from the UK to Guinea Bissau.
- The importers Customs Brokers can advise on Guinea Bissau import duty and taxes, the customs HS tariff classification numbers, if any prohibited or restricted goods and full current documents required from UK exporters. This will avoid any issues of trying to import goods that Guinea Bissau Customs will not allow to be imported and thus prevent wasted storage or other costs having to ship goods back to the UK.
- Currently an Electronic CTN (CTN: Cargo Tracking Note) is required. The purpose of an ECTN is tracking shipments to see the origin and nature of goods imported into a particular country to prevent global trafficking of prohibited goods. An Electronic Cargo Tracking Note (ECTN) has to be issued for every shipment to Guinea-Bissau as from October 28th 2011(date of shipment). Local representatives at the discharging ports will inspect each and every shipment on the presence of a corresponding ECTN. Shipments without a validated ECTN will expose shippers to fines.
- Please note that the above information advice on special requirements for shipping from UK to Guinea Bissau is current and may change from time to time. We recommend that this is re checked with the Bissau-Guinean buyers Customs Brokers before shipping, in the event of changes to any Guinea Bissau unique special import requirements or new documentation regulations/requirements, in place at time of shipping from UK to Guinea Bissau.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping UK to Guinea Bissau