International Shipping to Kenya
Kenya is a country in East Africa with a coastline along the Indian Ocean.
Kenya’s capital and largest city is Nairobi. Kenya covers an area of around 580,000 km2 and has a population of approximately 48 million people.
The UK is one of the largest foreign investors in Kenya. Some of the top UK exports to Kenya include; Tea and Vegetables.
We work hard at being different from the larger UK Freight Forwarders, in that we give all our customers a greater amount of our time and personal attention, assisting with all their overseas shipping and documentation requirements. Taking the pressure of our clients, leaving them to focus on what they do best, making and selling their products. We offer a complete International shipping service to Kenya from UK, by Air Freight and Sea Freight to Kenya’s main Air and Sea Ports, for UK exporters, Kenya trading companies and private shippers. With the co-operation of experienced and reliable Kenyan Customs Brokers, we can usually offer full door to door logistics services to Kenya from UK.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping UK to Kenya
EON Logistics staff have over 40 years’ worldwide logistics experience and can offer complete International shipping by Air and Sea freight throughout Kenya from UK, serving the main commercial areas, as well as remote parts of Kenya. We ship all types of Commercial Cargo and personal household effects International removals.
We can offer the following types of international shipping services to Kenya’s main cities of: Mombasa and Nairobi.
Sea Freight to Kenya from UK
- FCL –Full Containers by Sea Freight to Mombasa Kenya from UK
- LCL – Less Container Loads by Sea Freight UK to Mombasa & Nairobi
- Ro-Ro – Cars & Trucks by Sea Freight UK to Mombasa Kenya
- D.I.Y. International Household Moving from UK to Nairobi, LCL & FCL
- Temperature controlled FCL containers by Sea Freight to Kenya from UK
- Exhibition Stands & Equipment by Sea Freight to Nairobi from UK
Air Freight to Kenya from UK
- Direct Priority & Economy Air Freight UK to Nairobi Kenya
- Fine Art Logistics & Packing via Air Freight to Kenya from UK
- Temperature controlled Air Freight UK to Nairobi Kenya
- AOG Express parts by Airfreight to Nairobi Airport from UK
Specialist Project Shipping & Oversized Sea Freight to Kenya
- OOG & Heavy Cargo shipping by Sea Freight UK to Mombasa Kenya
- Live Events Logistics by Sea Freight UK to Nairobi Kenya
- Construction & Agricultural Machinery shipping Sea Freight UK to Kenya
- University Science Field Trip Equipment Temporary Exports to Nairobi
- Used Factory Machinery shipping to Mombasa Kenya from UK
Specialist additional services
- UK Procurement services for Kenyan buyers (zero rating UK VAT)
- Letter of Credit shipping documents and banking services
- Export Packing services compliant with Kenyan requirements.
- Temporary exports from UK to Kenya.
- Cargo Insurance for suitably packed new commercial goods
- Collections from multiple UK suppliers and consolidating together
Project Cargo Specialists Sea Freight UK to Kenya
EON Logistics staff just love difficult Project Freight Shipping or OOG Out of Gauge Cargo Shipping to Mombasa Port Kenya from UK. As International Freight Forwarders we’re a bit like a travel agent, in that instead of knowing all the best passenger airlines, best holiday resorts, hotels or cruise lines for your holidays around Kenya, a Project Freight Forwarder will know all the best UK Sea Freight Shipping and Air Cargo Carriers, from the large number of carriers who claim to who offer Out of Gauge/ OOG Freight Shipping or Heavy Lift/Oversized Cargo shipping by Sea freight to Kenya from UK.
Most Logistics companies in UK have experience of sea freighting normal/easy to handle commercial cargos as FCL/LCL in standard sea shipping containers to Kenya. Only a small number of specialist UK Project Freight Forwarders will have the necessary analytical experience of shipping by sea freight to Kenya, those extra large cargos that are out of the box. Transporting OOG/Oversized or /Heavy Lift cargo by sea freight to Kenya from UK requires many years of hands on Project freight shipping experience, to identify suitable or difficult to find cross trade carriers, which EON Logistics have in abundance.
Whatever you need to sea freight to Kenya from UK and based on any delivery deadlines, we will offer you a wide choice of UK to Kenya sea freight shipping or air freight service options, for you to choose from; we take care of all the UK Road Transport, Port Security, VGM, UK Customs, any country specific documentation requirements and all standard shipping documentation needs for shipping your cargo from UK to Mombasa Kenya.
We can recommend a reliable Kenyan Customs Brokers, who will be happy to quote your buyers directly for the local Customs clearance, handling and delivery requirements.
UK to Kenya Shipping Service information
Below are the current Sea and Air Freight service details from UK to Kenya, to suit buyers’ different timeline requirements, for shipping to Kenya from UK.
- FCL Container shipping to Mombasa, weekly sailings ex Southampton or Felixstowe. With transit of approx. 30 days to Mombasa
- FCL Container shipping to Nairobi, weekly sailings ex Southampton or Felixstowe with transit of approx. 37 days to Nairobi via Mombasa
- LCL Sea Freight small consignments by Sea Freight Fortnightly from UK to Mombasa with transit of approx 30 days.
- LCL Sea Freight small consignments by Sea Freight Fortnightly from UK to Nairobi with transit of approx 37 days, via Mombasa
- Air Freight UK to Nairobi Airport. Daily direct flights with BA & Kenya Airways, also Connecting Services with Lufthansa (via Frankfurt), Egypt Air (Via Cairo), Qatar Airways (Via Doha) and other airlines.
Requirements & Prohibited Items
- Cars, trucks, caravans, used agricultural machinery should always be steam cleaned before sea freighting to Kenya from UK, to remove all soil residue and pests.
- Similar to most countries you should check with your Kenyan buyers Customs Broker, if the goods being shipped can be imported into Kenya. The Kenyan Customs Broker should confirm before goods are shipped from UK to Kenya, if they can be imported without any restrictions. Normal prohibited items will include, but not limited to the following: Cash, Diamonds and Bullion, precious metals, live animals, drugs, firearms and ammunition.
- ISPM15, timber packing and marking requirements. Most countries around the globe, including the UK, require that any timber packaging used when shipping is heat treated and has the appropriate HT and/or ISPM15 stamps visible on the timber package, to prevent any insects or pests transferring and affecting agriculture or forests in the country of destination.
Export Goods in Transit Cargo Insurance for Kenya
- It is important to arrange Goods in Transit Cargo Insurance cover, in the event of a damage or pilferage incident during a Sea or Air transport movement to Kenya from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured, unless you arrange via your own companies Insurance brokers, or you ask your Freight Forwarder to quote for Goods in Transit Insurance cover and you accept their quote in writing.
- You should not rely on the carriers to Kenya’s liability insurance cover; under the carriers own Air Waybill or Ocean Bills or Lading terms and conditions. This does not equate to full goods in transit cargo insurance cover for the value of your goods and may rely on some proof of negligence by the Transport Company or carriers, which is naturally difficult to prove.
- We recommend that you must suitably export pack your goods to withstand the normal multiple handling, transhipping or stacking it will endure throughout a normal international road transport, sea or air movement from UK to Kenya, can be handled over 10 times during freight to Kenya.
- Insurance companies and transport carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is not suitably export packed.
Customs Import advice
- It is the overseas buyers’ responsibility to check that they can import the goods they are buying from UK exporters. We recommend that you check with your Kenyan buyers, that they have a local import customs broker, who can advise the buyers on the current customs documentation requirements for importing the products you are shipping from the UK to Kenya.
- The importers Customs Brokers can advise on Kenya import customs duty and taxes, customs HS tariff classifications, if any prohibited or restricted goods and full documents required from UK shippers. This will avoid any issues of trying to import goods that Kenyan Customs will not allow to be imported and thus prevent wasted storage or other costs having to ship back to the UK.
- The Kenyan Importer would need to check with their local Bureau Veritas Office to check if the goods need pre-inspection prior to exporting UK to Kenya. The Regional Centre asks the seller for technical details of the goods, a copy of the proforma invoice, the location and the date when the goods are available for inspection. An Inspector physically checks the goods to ensure that the quality/quantity correspond to the details on the PIP and the proforma invoice which is made in the presence of the seller. If there are any discrepancies, the seller will be asked to correct them before a formal report of findings is submitted; the experts determine the value for duty purposes in accordance with the Customs regulations of importing into Kenya from UK.
- Please note that our above information advice on special requirements for shipping from UK to Kenya is current and may change from time to time. We suggest that this is re checked with the Kenyan buyers Customs Brokers before shipping, in the event of changes to any Kenyan import unique special requirements, or new document regulations/requirements in place at time of shipping from UK to Kenya.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping UK to Kenya