International Shipping to Malawi
Malawi is a landlocked country in South-Eastern Africa. Malawi is bordered by Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia.
Malawi covers an area of around 118,000 kilometres squared and has a population of approximately 18 million people. Some of the top exports from Malawi include Tobacco and Raw Cane Sugar.
We are different from the larger UK Freight Forwarders, in that we afford all our customers a greater amount of our time and personal attention, looking after all their overseas shipping and documentation requirements. Taking the pressure of our clients, leaving them to focus on what they do best, making and selling their products. We offer complete International shipping services to Malawi from UK, by Air Freight and Sea Freight to Malawi main cities and towns, for UK businesses, Malawi trading companies and private shippers. With the co-operation of experienced and reliable Malawian Customs Brokers, we can also offer full door to door logistics services to Malawi from UK, if required.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping UK to Malawi
EON Logistics staff have over 40 years’ worldwide logistics experience and can offer complete International shipping by Air and Sea freight throughout Malawi from UK, serving the main commercial areas, as well as remote parts of Malawi. We ship all types of Commercial Cargo and personal household effects International removals.
Being a landlocked country, Malawi has no Sea port; However, transiting via Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania, we can offer the following types of international sea freight shipping services to Malawi main centres of: Lilongwe and Blantyre.
Sea Freight to Malawi from UK
- FCL – Full Containers by Sea Freight to Lilongwe Malawi from UK
- LCL – Less Container Loads small Sea Freight cargo UK to Lilongwe
- Ro-Ro – Cars & Construction trucks to Malawi via Tanzania from UK
- D.I.Y. International Household Moving from UK to Malawi, LCL & FCL
- Temperature controlled FCL Foodstuffs by Sea Freight UK to Malawi
- Exhibition Stands & Equipment by Sea Freight to Lilongwe from UK
Air Freight to Malawi from UK
- Direct Priority & Economy Air Freight to Kamazu Lilongwe from UK
- Temperature controlled Air Freight UK to Kamazu Airport Lilongwe
- AOG Express parts by Airfreight to Lilongwe Malawi from UK
Specialist Project Shipping & Oversized Sea Freight to Malawi
- OOG & Heavy Cargo shipping by Sea Freight to Malawi from UK
- Live Events Logistics by Sea Freight from UK to Lilongwe Malawi
- Plantation & Industrial Equipment by Sea Freight UK to Malawi
- University Field Trip Equipment Temporary Exports UK to Malawi
- Used Factory Machinery shipping to Malawi from UK via Tanzania
Specialist additional services
- UK Procurement services for Malawian buyers (zero rating UK VAT)
- Letter of Credit shipping documents and banking services
- Export Packing services compliant with Malawian requirements.
- Temporary exports from UK to Lilongwe Malawi.
- Cargo Insurance for suitably packed new commercial goods
- Collections from multiple UK suppliers and consolidating together
Project Cargo Specialists Sea Freight to Malawi
EON Logistics staff just love difficult Project Freight Shipping or OOG out of Gauge Cargo Shipping to Malawi from UK. As International Freight Forwarders we’re a bit like a travel agent, in that instead of knowing all the best passenger airlines, best holiday resorts, hotels for your holidays to Malawi, a Project Freight Forwarder will know all the best UK Sea Freight Shipping and Air Cargo Carriers, from the large number of freight carriers who claim to offer Out of Gauge/ OOG Freight Shipping or Heavy Lift/Oversized Cargo services by Sea freight to Lilongwe Malawi from UK.
Most Logistics companies in UK have experience of sea freighting normal/easy to handle commercial cargos as FCL/LCL in standard sea shipping containers to Malawi, or air freight to Kamazu Airport Lilongwe, Malawi. Only a small number of specialist UK Project Freight Forwarders will have the necessary analytical experience of how to ship by sea freight to Malawi, those extra-large cargos that are out of the box. Transporting OOG/Oversized Cargo/Heavy Lift sea freight to Malawi from UK requires many years of hands on Project Sea freight shipping experience, which EON Logistics have in abundance.
Whatever you need to sea freight to Malawi from UK and based on any delivery deadlines from the buyers, we will offer you a wide choice of UK to Malawi sea freight shipping or air freight service options, via Tanzania or Mozambique, for you to choose from; we handle all the UK Road Transport, Port Security, VGM, UK Customs, any country specific documentation requirements and all standard shipping documentation needs for shipping your cargo from UK to Lilongwe or Blantyre, Malawi.
If required, we can recommend to the buyers a reliable Malawian Customs Broker, who will be happy to quote your buyers directly for the local Customs clearance, handling and delivery requirements.
UK to Malawi Shipping Service information
Below are the current Sea and Air Freight service details from UK to Malawi, to suit the buyers’ timelines and cost budgets for shipping to Malawi from UK.
- FCL Container shipping to Malawi with Weekly sailings ex Felixstowe. With transit of approx 57 days to Blantyre via Tanzania or Mozambique.
- FCL Container shipping to Malawi with Weekly sailings ex Felixstowe. With transit of approx 49 days to Lilongwe via Tanzania.
- LCL Sea Freight small consignments by Sea Freight, fortnightly from UK to Lilongwe with transit of approx 49 days, via Dar es Salaam.
- LCL Sea Freight small consignments by Sea Freight fortnightly from UK to Blantyre with transit of approx 57 days, via Dar es Salaam or Biera.
- Air Freight UK to Lilongwe Airport. Daily Connections flights with Ethiopian Airlines (Via Addis Ababa), KLM (Via Amsterdam) & South African Airways (Via Johannesburg). Transit of 3 to 5 days.
Requirements & Prohibited Items
- Cars, trucks and wheeled agricultural machinery should always be steam cleaned before shipping UK to Lilongwe Malawi, to remove all soil residue and pests.
- Similar to most countries, buyers should check with their Malawian Customs Broker, if the goods being shipped can be imported into Malawi. The Customs Broker can confirm before goods are shipped from UK to Malawi, if they can be imported without any restrictions. Normal prohibited items will include, but not limited to the following: Cash, Diamonds, Bullion, precious metals, live animals, drugs, firearms and ammunition.
- ISPM15, timber packing and marking requirements. Most countries around the globe, including the UK, require that any timber packaging used when shipping is heat treated and has the appropriate HT and/or ISPM15 stamps visible on the timber package, to prevent any insects or pests transferring and affecting agriculture or forests in the country of destination.
Export Goods in Transit Cargo Insurance, for Malawi
- It is important to arrange Goods in Transit Cargo Insurance cover, in the event of a damage or pilferage incident during a Sea or Air Freight to Lilongwe Malawi from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured, unless you arrange via your own companies Insurance brokers, or you ask your Freight Forwarder to quote for Goods in Transit Insurance cover and you accept their quote in writing.
- You should not rely on the carriers to Malawi’s liability insurance cover, under their Air Waybill or Ocean Bills or Lading terms and conditions. This does not equate to cargo insurance cover for the value of your goods and may rely on some proof of negligence by the carriers, which is naturally difficult to prove.
- We recommend that you must suitably export pack your goods to withstand the normal multiple handling, transhipping or stacking it will endure throughout a normal international road transport, sea or air movement from UK to Malawi can be handled over 10 times during transit.
- Insurance companies and transport carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is not suitably export packed.
Customs Import advice
- It is the Malawi buyers’ responsibility to check that they can import the goods they are buying from UK suppliers. We recommend that you check with your Malawian buyers, that they have a local import customs broker, who can advise the buyers on the customs documentation requirements for importing the products you are shipping from the UK to Malawi.
- The importers Customs Brokers can advise on Malawi import duty and taxes, customs HS tariff classifications, if any prohibited or restricted goods and full documents required from UK shippers. This will avoid any issues of trying to import goods that Malawin Customs will not allow to be imported and thus prevent wasted storage or other costs having to ship back to the UK from Malawi.
- Please note that the information on special requirements for shipping from UK to Malawi is current and may change from time to time. We suggest that this is re checked with the Malawian buyers Customs Brokers before shipping, in the event of changes to any unique special requirements or new document regulations/requirements in place at time of shipping from UK to Malawi.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping UK to Malawi