International Shipping to Nigeria
International Shipping to Nigeria from UK
We are different from the larger UK Freight Forwarders, in that we give all our customers a greater amount of our time and personal attention, looking after all their overseas shipping and documentation requirements. Taking the pressure of our clients, leaving them to focus on what they do best, making and selling their products. We offer complete International Shipping Services to Nigeria from UK, by Air Freight and Sea Freight to Nigeria’s main Air and Sea Ports, for UK businesses, Nigeria Trading Companies and Private Shippers. With the co-operation of experienced and reliable Nigerian Customs Brokers partners we can also offer full door to door logistics services to Nigeria from UK.
EON Logistics staff have over 40 years’ Worldwide Logistics Experience and can offer complete International Shipping by Air and Sea Freight throughout Nigeria from UK, serving the main commercial areas, as well as remote parts of Nigeria. We ship all types of Commercial Cargo and personal household effects International removals to Nigeria.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping to Nigeria from UK
We can offer the following types of International Shipping Services to Nigeria main Ports of: Tin Can Island, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Apapa & Onne.
Sea Freight to Nigeria from UK
- FCL – Full Containers by Sea Freight to Nigeria Ports from UK
- LCL – Less Container Loads by Sea Freight to all Nigeria Ports CFS from UK
- Ro-Ro – Cars & Construction Equipment by Sea Freight to Nigeria
- D.I.Y. International Household Moving from UK to Nigeria, LCL & FCL
- Temperature controlled FCL containers by Sea Freight to Nigeria from UK
- Exhibition Stands & Equipment by Sea Freight to Nigeria from UK
Air Freight to Nigeria from UK
- Direct Priority & Economy Air Freight to all Nigeria International Airport
- Oil well & Mining Equipment Air Freight to Nigeria from UK
- Temperature controlled Air Freight to all Nigeria International Airports
- AOG Express parts by Airfreight to Nigeria from UK
Specialist Project Shipping & Oversized Sea Freight to Nigeria.
- OOG & Heavy Cargo Shipping by Sea Freight to Nigeria ports from UK
- Live Events Logistics by Sea Freight from UK to Nigeria
- Oil Well & Mining Equipment by Sea Freight to Nigeria
- University Science Equipment Temporary Exports to Nigeria.
- Used Factory Machinery shipping to Nigeria from UK
Specialist Additional Services
- UK Procurement services for Nigerian buyers (zero rating UK VAT)
- Letter of Credit shipping documents and banking services
- Export Packing services compliant with Nigerian requirements.
- Temporary exports from UK to Nigeria.
- Cargo Insurance for suitably packed new commercial goods
- Collections from multiple UK suppliers and consolidated cargo
Project Cargo Specialists Sea Freight to Nigeria.
EON Logistics staff just love difficult Project Freight Shipping or OOG out of Gauge Cargo Shipping to Nigeria from UK. As International Freight Forwarders, we’re a bit like a travel agent, in that instead of knowing all the best passenger airlines, best holiday resorts, hotels or cruise lines for your holidays to Nigeria. Project Freight Forwarder will know all the best UK Sea Freight Shipping and Air Cargo Carriers, from the large number of freight agents who claim to who offer Out of Gauge/ OOG Freight Shipping or Heavy Lift/Oversized Cargo services by Sea Freight to Nigeria from UK.
Most Logistics companies in UK have experience of Sea Freighting normal/easy to handle commercial cargos as FCL/LCL in standard Sea Shipping containers to Nigeria. Only a small number of specialist UK Project Freight Forwarders will have the necessary analytical experience of shipping by Sea Freight to Nigeria, extra-large cargos that are out of the box. Transporting OOG/Oversized Cargo/Heavy Lift Sea Freight to Nigeria from UK requires many years of hands on Project Sea Freight Shipping experience, which EON Logistics have in abundance.
Whatever you need to Sea Freight to Nigeria from UK and based on any delivery deadlines, we will offer you a wide choice of UK to Nigeria Sea Freight Shipping or Air Freight Service options, for you to choose from; we handle all the UK Road Transport, Port Security, VGM, UK Customs, any country specific documentation requirements and all standard shipping documentation needs for shipping your cargo from UK to Nigeria main ports of Lagos, Tin Can Island, Apapa, Onne & Port Harcourt. .
UK to Nigeria Shipping Service Information
Below are the current Sea and Air Freight service details from UK to Nigeria, to suit the buyers’ timelines and cost budgets for shipping to Nigeria from UK.
- FCL Container shipping to Nigeria, weekly sailings ex London Gateway with transit of approx. 16 days to Tin Can Island Lagos.
- FCL Container shipping to Nigeria, weekly sailings ex Tilbury or Felixstowe with transit of approx. 21 days to Tin Can Island Lagos.
- LCL Sea Freight small consignments by Sea Freight weekly from UK to Tin Can Island Lagos with transit of approx 21 days.
- Weekly Ro/RO Service to Lagos ex Tilbury, transit time of approx. 21 days
- Air Freight UK to Accra Airport. Multiple daily flights with Egypt Air connecting Via Cairo, Turkish Airlines via Istanbul & Qatar Airways via Doha.
Requirements & Prohibited Items
- Cars, trucks, caravans, used agricultural machinery should always be steam cleaned before sea freighting to Nigeria from UK, to remove all soil residue and pests.
- Similar to most countries you should check with the Nigerian Buyers Customs Broker, if the goods being shipped can be imported into Nigeria. The Customs Broker can confirm before goods are shipped from UK to Nigeria, if they can be imported without any restrictions. Normal prohibited items will include, but not limited to the following: Cash, Diamonds and Bullion, precious metals, live animals, drugs, firearms and ammunition.
- ISPM15, timber packing and marking requirements. Most countries around the globe, including the UK, require that any timber packaging used when shipping is heat treated and has the appropriate HT and/or ISPM15 stamps visible on the timber package, to prevent any insects or pests transferring and affecting agriculture or forests in the country of destination.
Export Goods in Transit Cargo Insurance, for Nigeria.
- It is important to arrange Goods in Transit Cargo Insurance cover, in the event of a damage or pilferage incident during Sea or Air transport to Nigeria from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured, unless you arrange via your own companies Insurance brokers, or you ask your Freight Forwarder to quote for Goods in Transit Insurance cover and you accept their quote in writing.
- You should not rely on the transporters to Nigeria’s liability insurance cover, under their Air Waybill or Ocean Bills or Lading terms and conditions. This does not equate to cargo insurance cover for the value of your goods and may rely on some proof of negligence by the carriers, which is naturally difficult to prove.
- We recommend that you must suitably export pack your goods to withstand the normal multiple handling, transhipping or stacking it will endure throughout a normal International Sea or Air movement from UK to Nigeria.
- Insurance companies and transport carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is not suitably export packed.
Customs Import Advice
- It is the overseas buyers’ responsibility to check that they can import the goods they are buying from UK. We recommend that you check with your Nigerian buyers, that they have a local import customs broker, who can advise the buyers on the customs documentation requirements for importing the products you are shipping from the UK to Nigeria.
- The importers Customs Brokers can advise on Nigeria import duty and taxes, customs HS tariff classifications, if any prohibited or restricted goods and full documents required from UK This will avoid any issues of trying to import goods that Nigerian Customs will not allow to be imported and thus prevent wasted storage or other costs having to ship back to the UK.
- Local Nigerian Customs have implemented a law where Cargo Tracking Note (CTN) is required for all Import & Export shipments into/from Nigeria. This will allow Nigeria authorities to carry out a risk assessment on cargo and ships. By using a CTN, cargoes can be tracked from port of load to port of discharge. It is expected that CTN will check decades of fraudulent declarations by importers on arrival at the ports.
- Please note that the information on special requirements for shipping from UK to Nigeria is current and may change from time to time. We suggest that this is re checked with the Nigerian buyers Customs Brokers before shipping, in the event of changes to special requirements or new regulations/requirements in place at time of shipping from UK to Nigeria.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping to Nigeria from UK