International Shipping to South Africa
International Shipping to South Africa from UK
We are different from the larger UK Freight Forwarders, in that we give all our customers a greater amount of our time and personal attention, looking after all their overseas shipping and documentation requirements. Taking the pressure of our clients, leaving them to focus on what they do best, making and selling their products. We offer complete International shipping services to South Africa from UK, by Air Freight and Sea Freight to South Africa main Air and Sea Ports, for UK businesses, South Africa trading companies and private shippers. With the co-operation of experienced and reliable South African Customs Brokers partners, we can also offer full door to door logistics services to South Africa from UK.
EON Logistics staff have over 40 years’ worldwide logistics experience and can offer complete International Shipping by Air and Sea Freight throughout South Africa from UK, serving the main commercial areas, as well as remote parts of South Africa. We ship all types of Commercial Cargo and personal household effects International removals to South Africa.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping to South Africa from UK
We can offer the following types of International Shipping Services to South Africa main Ports of: Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, East London, Port Elizabeth & Richards Bay.
Sea Freight to South Africa from UK
- FCL – Full Containers Door to Door by Sea Freight to South African Ports
- LCL – Less Container Loads by Sea Freight to all South African Ports CFS
- Ro-Ro – Cars & Construction Equipment by Sea Freight to South African main ports from UK
- D.I.Y. International Household Moving from UK to South Africa, LCL & FCL
- Temperature controlled FCL containers by Sea Freight to South Africa from UK
- Exhibition Stands & Equipment by Sea Freight to South Africa from UK
Air Freight to South Africa from UK
- Direct Priority & Economy Air Freight to all South African cities from UK
- Fine Art Packing & Air Freight to South Africa from UK
- Temperature controlled Air Freight to all South African International Airports
- AOG Express parts by Airfreight to South Africa from UK
Specialist Project Shipping & Oversized Sea Freight to South Africa.
- OOG & Heavy Cargo Shipping by Sea Freight to South African ports from UK
- Live Events Logistics by Sea Freight from UK to all cities
- Construction & Mining Equipment by Sea Freight to all ports
- University Science Field Trip Equipment Temporary Exports to South Africa
- Used Factory Machinery shipping to South Africa from UK
Specialist Additional Services
- UK Procurement services for South African buyers (zero rating UK VAT)
- Letter of Credit shipping documents and banking services
- Export Packing services compliant with South African requirements.
- Temporary exports from UK to South Africa.
- Cargo Insurance for suitably packed new commercial goods
- Collections from multiple UK suppliers and consolidated cargo shipping
Project Cargo Specialists Sea Freight to South Africa.
EON Logistics staff just love difficult Project Freight Shipping or OOG out of Gauge Cargo Shipping to South Africa from UK. As International Freight Forwarders we’re a bit like a travel agent, in that instead of knowing all the best passenger airlines, best holiday resorts, hotels or cruise lines for your holidays in South Africa. Project Freight Forwarder will know all the best UK Sea Freight Shipping and Air Cargo Carriers, from the large number of freight agents who claim to who offer Out of Gauge/ OOG Freight Shipping or Heavy Lift/Oversized Cargo services by Sea freight to South Africa from UK.
Most Logistics companies in UK have experience of sea freighting normal/easy to handle commercial cargos as FCL/LCL in standard sea shipping containers to South Africa. Only a small number of specialist UK Project Freight Forwarders will have the necessary analytical experience of shipping by sea freight to South Africa, extra-large cargos that are out of the box. Transporting OOG/Oversized Cargo/Heavy Lift sea freight to South Africa from UK requires many years of hands on Project Sea freight shipping experience, which EON Logistics have in abundance.
Whatever you need to Sea Freight to South Africa from UK and based on any delivery deadlines, we will offer you a wide choice of UK to South Africa Sea Freight shipping or air freight service options, for you to choose from; we handle all the UK Road Transport, Port Security, VGM, UK Customs, any country specific documentation requirements and all standard shipping documentation needs for shipping your cargo from UK to South African main ports of Cape Town, east London, Port Elizabeth, Richards bay, Johannesburg & Durban. .
UK to South Africa Shipping Service information
Below are the current Sea and Air Freight service details from UK to South Africa, to suit the buyers’ timelines and cost budgets for shipping to South Africa from UK.
- FCL Container shipping to Cape Town, weekly sailings with a transit of approx. 23 days
- FCL Container shipping to Durban, weekly sailings with a transit of approx. 28 days
- RO/RO Shipping Service to Durban, monthly sailings with a transit of approx. 30 days
- LCL Sea Freight small consignments, weekly from UK to Durban, with a transit of approx 28 days
- LCL Sea freight small consignments, weekly from UK to Cape Town with a transit of approx 23 days
- Air Freight UK to Johannesburg Airport. Multiple daily direct flights with BA, Virgin Atlantic & South African Airways
- Airfreight UK to Cape Town Airport, Daily Direct flights with BA & connecting flights with Lufthansa (Via Frankfurt) Turkish Airlines (via Istanbul)
Requirements & Prohibited Items
- Cars, trucks, caravans, used agricultural machinery should always be steam cleaned before Sea Freighting to South Africa from UK, to remove all soil residue and pests.
- Similar to most countries you should check with the South African Buyers Customs Broker, if the goods being shipped can be imported into South Africa. The Customs Broker can confirm before goods are shipped from UK to South Africa, if they can be imported without any restrictions. Normal prohibited items will include, but not limited to the following: Cash, Diamonds and Bullion, precious metals, live animals, drugs, firearms and ammunition.
- ISPM15, timber packing and marking requirements. Most countries around the globe, including the UK, require that any timber packaging used when shipping is heat treated and has the appropriate HT and/or ISPM15 stamps visible on the timber package, to prevent any insects or pests transferring and affecting agriculture or forests in the country of destination.
Export Goods in Transit Cargo Insurance, for South Africa.
- It is important to arrange Goods in Transit Cargo Insurance cover, in the event of a damage or pilferage incident during Sea or Air transport to South Africa from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured, unless you arrange via your own companies Insurance brokers, or you ask your Freight Forwarder to quote for Goods in Transit Insurance cover and you accept their quote in writing.
- You should not rely on the transporters to South Africa’s liability insurance cover, under their Air Waybill or Ocean Bills or Lading terms and conditions. This does not equate to cargo insurance cover for the value of your goods and may rely on some proof of negligence by the Carriers, which is naturally difficult to prove.
- We recommend that you must suitably export pack your goods to withstand the normal multiple handling, transhipping or stacking it will endure throughout a normal international sea or air movement from UK to South Africa.
- Insurance companies and transport carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is not suitably export packed.
Customs Import advice
- It is the overseas buyers’ responsibility to check that they can import the goods they are buying from UK. We recommend that you check with your South African buyers, that they have a local import customs broker, who can advise the buyers on the customs documentation requirements for importing the products you are shipping from the UK to South Africa
- The importers Customs Brokers can advise on South African import duty and taxes, customs HS tariff classifications, if any prohibited or restricted goods and full documents required from UK This will avoid any issues of trying to import goods that South African Customs will not allow to be imported and thus prevent wasted storage or other costs having to ship back to the UK.
- South African custom requires 1 original and 4 copies of commercial Invoice & 3 copies of the packing list. Suppliers must supply all data necessary for the importer to make a valid entry and for the South African Customs to determine value for duty purposes. Invoices from suppliers will not be accepted as satisfying the requirements of the customs regulations unless they state, in addition to any proprietary or trade name of the goods, a full description of their nature and characteristics together with such particulars as are required to assess the import duty and to compile statistics. One copy of the insurance certificate is required for sea freight.
- Please note that the information on special requirements for shipping from UK to South Africa is current and may change from time to time. We suggest that this is re checked with the South African buyers Customs Brokers before shipping, in the event of changes to special requirements or new regulations/requirements in place at time of shipping from UK to South Africa.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping to South Africa from UK