Sea Freight to Brazil from UK service details
Sea freight services to Brazil from UK are mostly direct sailings to the key ports of Rio de Janeiro and Santos, which serves the main populated cities in Brazil. With a population of over 200mil, Brazil is a significant trading partner importing by air and sea freight from UK.
Below is a guide on sea freight transit times to Brazil main ports
- FCL Sea Freight to Rio de Janeirofrom UK – Weekly sailings with transit of approx. 22 days direct.
- FCL Sea Freight to Santos from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 23 days transit.
- LCL Sea Freight to Rio de Janeiro from UK – Fortnightly sailings with transit of approx. 22 days.
- LCL Sea Freight to Santos from UK – Fortnightly sailings with approx. 23 days transit.
- Ro Ro Sailings to Santos from UK – 2 to 3 sailings per month, with transit of approx. 23 days.
- We can serve all Brazil Sea and Air Ports from UK
Air Freight to Brazil from UK, service details
- Direct flights with Latam& BA to Santos and Guarulhos (Rio) from UK.
- Many cheaper air consolidation services, transhipping flights via Lisbon with TAP Air Portugal or AA via Miami, with transit of 2 to 3 days to Main Brazil Airports.
Brazil Biosecurity & Prohibited items
- Brazil has strict bio-security requirements, to prevent the risk of diseases, unwanted insects and pests entering Brazils land and forestry environment.
- Exporters shipping to Brazilfrom UK mustissue a declaration that any timber products used in the packing of their goods, or used as dunnage to secure cargo loaded into sea containers to Brazil, must meet the ISPM15 standards.Normally Heat Treated or Forestry commission stamps must be on all rough timber products.
- Used vehicles, trucks, construction plant and mining equipment should always be steam cleaned before sea freighting to Brazil from UK, to remove all soil residue and pests.
- Similar to most countries you should check with the buyers Brazil Customs Broker, if the goods being shipped from UK can be imported into Brazil. The Customs Broker can confirm before goods are shipped from UK to Brazil, if they can be imported without any restrictions. Normal prohibited items include: Cash, Diamondsand Bullion, precious metals, live animals, drugs, certain meat products, firearms and ammunition.
Export Cargo Insurance
- It is important that the buyer or the shippers arrange cargo insurance cover, in the event of damage or pilferage during the air and sea freighting to Brazil from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured unless you ask your freight agents to quote for full Cargo Insurance cover and you ask them to arrange the cargo insurance cover.
- You must suitably pack your goods to withstand the normal handling it will endure throughout the voyage by air or sea freight to Brazil from UK.
- Insurance companies and shipping carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is considered to not be suitably export packed. Suitably export packing your goods will reduce the risk of damage during freighting to Brazil from UK.
Brazil Customs Import advice
- We recommend that you check with your Brazil buyers, that they have a local import customs broker, who can advise the buyers on the customs documentation requirements for importing the products you are shipping to Brazil from UK.
- The Customs Brokers can advise on Brazilimport duty and taxes, customs classifications, if any prohibited or restricted goods and full documents required from UK shippers. Normally the Brazil Customs agents and the Brazilian importer will need to apply for special Brazil Customs import permits, which should be arranged in advance of shipping from UK to Brazil.
- This will avoid any issues of trying to import goods from UK that Brazilian Customs will not allow to be imported and thus prevent wasted storage or other costs having to ship your goods back to the UK from Brazil.
- Our recommended Brazil Customs Brokers Wegh Int’l Consulting & Logistics can assist with this work, should your Brazilian buyers not have a local Customs broker.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping to Brazil from UK