Sea Freight to Brunei from UK service details
Sea Freight Services to Brunei mostly tranship via Singapore from UK. The two main ports in Brunei are Muara Port and Kuala Belait. Brunei is a rich tiny nation on the Island of Borneo with a population of under 500,000. Brunei’s main economy is based on Oil and Natural Gases.
Below is a guide on Sea Freight transit times to Brunei main ports.
- FCL Sea Freight to Muara Port from UK- Weekly sailings with approx. 28 days transit via Singapore.
- FCL Sea Freight to Kuala Belait Port from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 29 days transit via Singapore.
- LCL Sea Freight to Muara Port from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 28 days transit via Singapore.
- LCL Sea Freight to Kuala Belait Port from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 29 days transit via Singapore.
- Ro Ro Sailings to Muara Port from UK – 2 to 3 sailings per month withapprox.. 30 days transit via Singapore.
Air Freight to Brunei from UK Service details
- Direct flights with Royal Brunei to Brunei International Airport Bandar Seri Begaway.
- Economy consolidation flights to Brunei via Singapore or Middle East, with transit of 2 to 3 days.
Brunei Biosecurity & Prohibited items
- Bruneihas strict bio-security requirements, to prevent the risk of diseases, unwanted insects and pests entering Brunei land and forestry environment.
- Exporters shipping to Brunei mustissue a declaration that any timber products used in the packing of their goods, or used as dunnage to secure cargo loaded into sea containers, must meet the ISPM15 standards. Heat Treated or Forestry commission stamps.
- Cars, Trucks andAgricultural Machinery should always be steam cleaned before Sea freighting to Brunei from UK, to remove all soil residue and pests.
- Similar to most countries you should check with the Brunei Customs Broker, if the goods being shipped can be imported into Brunei. The Customs Broker can confirm before goods are shipped from UK to Brunei, if they can be imported without any restrictions. Normal prohibited items include: Cash, Diamonds, Bullion, Precious Metals, Live Animals, Drugs, Firearms and Ammunition.
Export Cargo Insurance
- It is important to arrange cargo insurance cover, in the event of damage or pilferage during theAir and Sea freighting to Brunei from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured unless you ask your freight agents to quote for Cargo Insurance cover and you ask the agents to arrange insurance.
- You must suitably pack your goods to withstand the normal handling it will endure throughout an Air or Sea freight to Brunei.
- Insurance companies and shipping carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is not suitably export packed.
Brunei Customs Import advice
- We recommend that you check with your Brunei buyers, that they have a local import customs broker, who can advise the buyers on the customs documentation requirements for importing the products you are shipping from the UK to Brunei.
- The Customs Brokers can advise on Bruneiimport duty and taxes, customs classifications, if any prohibited or restricted goods and full documents required from UK shippers.
- This will avoid any issues of trying to import goods that Brunei Customs will not allow to be imported and thus prevent wasted storage or other costs having to ship back to the UK.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping to Brunei from UK