Sea Freight to Canada from UK service details
Due to the high volumes of UK exports to Canadian buyers, there are multiple sailings each week from different UK Ports to different Canada main ports and cities. Smaller towns across Canada can be served door to door, if shipment is a FCL (full container load), however, when shipping smaller LCL shipments by sea freight from UK to Canada smaller towns, these will normally ship via the nearest major ports customs CFS and then be on carried to door, once Canadian Customs Clearance has been completed.
Below is a guide on sea freight transit times to Canada’s main ports
- FCL Sea Freight to Montreal from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 10 days transit, port to port. LCL seafreight to Montreal from UK, is weekly, normally sailing at the weekend, with transit of approx. 10 days, UK port to Montreal
- FCL Sea Freight to Toronto from UK – Multiple weekly sailings with approx. 12 days transit time. LCL Seafreight from UK to Toronto CFS is also weekly with 12 days transit
- FCL Sea Freight to Vancouver from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 23 days transit time. LCL Sea Freight to Vancouver from UK is weekly with approx. 23 days transit.
- RO-RO Sea freight to Canada operates weekly from Liverpool to Halifax N.S with 8 days transit time.
- We can offer sea freight services to all Canadian ports and inland cities and towns.
Air Freight to the Canada from UK Service details
Multiple daily cargo flights from UK to Canada’s main cities with competitive air freight rates, due to the high level of competition.
Canada Biosecurity & Prohibited items
- Canada has strict bio-security requirements, to prevent the risk of diseases, unwanted insects and pests entering Canadian land and forestry environment.
- UK Exporters shipping to Canada must issue a declaration that any timber products used in the packing of their goods, or used as dunnage to secure cargo loaded into sea containers, must meet the ISPM15 standards. Heat Treated or Forestry commission stamps to be visible or all timber used.
- All vehicles, construction plant and used mining machinery, should always be steam cleaned before sea freighting to the Canada from UK, to remove all soil residue and pests.
- Similar to most countries you should check with the Canadian Customs Broker, if the goods being shipped can be imported into Canada. The Customs Broker can confirm before goods are shipped from UK, if they can be imported without any restrictions. Normal prohibited items include: Cash, Diamonds, Bullion, precious metals, live animals, drugs, firearms and ammunition.
Export Cargo Insurance
- It is important to arrange cargo insurance cover, in the event of damage or pilferage during the air and sea freighting to the Canada from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured unless you ask your freight agents to quote for Cargo Insurance cover; you accept the insurance quotation and request insurance cover.
- You must suitably pack your goods to withstand the normal handling it will endure throughout an air or sea freight to the Canada from UK.
- Insurance companies, transport companies, airlines and shipping carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is not suitably export packed.
Canada Customs Import advice
- We recommend that you check with your Canadian buyers, that they have a local Canada import customs broker, who can advise the buyers on the customs documentation requirements for importing the products you are shipping from the UK to Canada.
- ACI (Advance Commercial Information) regulation has been in place since 2004 & is about providing Canadian customs with electronic pre-arrival information so that they are equipped with the right information at the right time to identify health, safety and security threats related to commercial goods before the goods arrive in Canada. This needs to be submitted by your customer’s Canadian custom broker prior to the vessel departing the UK.
- The Canadian Customs Brokers can advise on all local import duty and taxes, customs commodity classifications, if any prohibited or restricted goods and full documents required from UK
- This will avoid any issues of trying to import goods that Canadian Customs will not allow to be imported into Canada and thus prevent wasted penalty fines, storage or other costs to destroy goods, or to ship goods back to the UK from Canada.
- If the Canada buyers does not have a regular Customs Broker, EON Logistics can recommend a reliably experienced Canadian Custom broker to assist with this work.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping to Canada from UK