Sea Freight to Colombia from UK service details
Sea freight services to Colombia from UK are mostly direct sailings to the key ports of Cartagena in the north and Buenaventura in the South, which serves the main populated cities of Cali and the capital Bogota. With a population of over 46milion, Colombia is a significant trading partner importing by air and sea freight from UK.
Below is a guide on sea freight transit times to Colombia main ports
- FCL Sea Freight to Cartagena from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 23 days direct.
- FCL Sea Freight to Buenaventura from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 26 days direct.
- FCL Sea Freight to Bogota from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 28 days transit.
- LCL Sea Freight to Cartagena from UK – Fortnightly sailings with transit approx. 23 days.
- LCL Sea Freight to Buenaventura from UK – Fortnightly sailings with approx. 26 days transit.
- LCL Sea Freight to Bogota from UK – Fortnightly sailings with approx. 28 days transit
- Ro Ro Sailings to Cartagena from UK – 2 to 3 sailings per month, with transit of approx. 29 days.
Air Freight to Bogota Colombia from UK, service details
- Direct flights with Avianca to El Dorado Airport Bogota.
- Many cheaper air consolidation services, transhipping flights via Madrid with BA/Iberia or AA via Miami, with transit of 2 to 3 days to Bogota Airport.
Colombia Biosecurity & Prohibited items
- Colombia has strict bio-security requirements, to prevent the risk of diseases, unwanted insects and pests entering Colombia land and forestry environment.
- Exporters shipping to Colombiafrom UK mustissue a declaration that any timber products used in the packing of their goods, or used as dunnage to secure cargo loaded into sea containers to Colombia, must meet the ISPM15 standards.Normally Heat Treated or Forestry commission stamps, must be on all rough timber products.
- Used vehicles, trucks, construction plant and mining equipment should always be steam cleaned before sea freighting to Colombia from UK, to remove all soil residue and pests.
- Similar to most countries you should check with the buyers Colombia Customs Broker, if the goods being shipped from UK can be imported into Colombia. The Customs Broker can confirm before goods are shipped from UK to Colombia, if they can be imported without any restrictions. Normal prohibited items include: Cash, Diamondsand Bullion, precious metals, live animals, drugs, certain meat products, firearms and ammunition.
Export Cargo Insurance
- It is important that the buyer or the shippers arrange cargo insurance cover, in the event of damage or pilferage during the air and sea freighting to Colombia from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured unless you ask your freight agents to quote for full Cargo Insurance cover and you ask them to arrange the cargo insurance cover.
- You must suitably pack your goods to withstand the normal handling it will endure throughout the voyage by air or sea freight to Colombia.
- Insurance companies and shipping carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is considered to not be suitably export packed. Suitably export packing your goods will reduce the risk of damage during freighting to Colombia from UK.
Colombia Customs Import advice
- We recommend that you check with your Colombian buyers, that they have a local import customs broker, who can advise the buyers on the customs documentation requirements for importing the products you are shipping to Colombia from UK.
- The Customs Brokers can advise on Colombianimport duty and taxes, customs classifications, if any prohibited or restricted goods and full documents required from UK shippers. Normal Customs Clearance in Colombia takes 2 to 4 days.
- This will avoid any issues of trying to import goods from UK that Colombian Customs will not allow to be imported and thus prevent wasted storage or other costs having to ship back to the UK from Colombia.
- Our recommended Colombia Customs Brokers In Way Ltda can assist with this work, should your Colombian buyers not have a Customs broker.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping to Colombia from UK