Sea Freight to Indonesia from UK service details
Most Sea Freight services to Indonesia from UK, tranship at Singapore or Port Kelang onto local regular smaller feeder vessels.
Below is a guide on Sea Freight transit times to Indonesia from UK
- FCL Sea Freight to Jakarta from UK- Weekly sailings with approx. 30 days transit via Singapore or Port Kelang.
- FCL Sea Freight to Surabaya from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 33 days transit via Singapore or Port Kelang.
- LCL Sea Freight to Jakarta from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 32 days transit via Singapore.
- LCL Sea Freight to Surabaya from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 35 days transit via Singapore
- Ro Ro Sailings to Jakarta from UK – 2 to 3 sailings per month, with approx. 36 days transit via Singapore.
Air Freight to Jakarta from UK, Service details
- Direct flights with Garuda or KLM to Soekarno Hatta Jakarta Airport
- Cheaper consolidation, transhipping flights via Middle East and Hong Kong, with transit of 2 to 3 days to Seokarno Hatta Jakarta Airport.
Indonesian Biosecurity & Prohibited items
- Indonesiahave strict bio-security requirements, to prevent the risk of diseases, unwanted insects and pests entering Indonesia’s land and forestry environment.
- Exporters shipping to Indonesia mustmake a declaration that any timber products used in the packing of their goods, or used as dunnage to secure cargo loaded into sea containers, must meet the ISPM15 standards and have Heat Treated or Forestry commission stamps on all Timber used.
- Cars, Trucks, Caravans, used Agricultural Machinery shouldalways be steam cleaned before Sea freighting to Indonesia from UK, to remove all soil residue and pests.
- Similar to most countries, you should check with the buyers Indonesian Customs Broker, if the goods being shipped can be imported into Indonesia. The Customs Broker can confirm before goods are shipped from UK to Indonesia, if they can be imported without any restrictions. Normal prohibited items include: Cash, Diamonds, Bullion, Precious Metals, Live Animals, Drugs, Firearms and Ammunition.
Export Cargo Insurance
- It is important to arrange cargo insurance cover, in the event of damage or pilferage during theAir and Sea freighting to Indonesia from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured unless you ask your freight agents to quote for Cargo Insurance cover.
- You must suitably pack your goods to withstand the normal handling it will endure throughout an Air or Sea Freight to Indonesia.
- Insurance companies and shipping carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is not suitably export packed.
Indonesia Customs Import advice
- We recommend that you check with your Indonesian buyers, that they have a local import customs broker, who can advise the buyers on the customs documentation requirements for importing the products you are shipping from the UK.
- The Customs Brokers can advise on Indonesianimport duty and taxes, customs classifications, if any prohibited or restricted goods and full documents required from UK shippers.
- This will avoid any issues of trying to import goods that Indonesian Customs will not allow to be imported and thus prevent wasted storage or other costs having to ship back to the UK.
- Our Indonesian Customs Brokers PT MitraBinaguna Citra can assist with this work.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping to Indonesia from UK