Sea Freight to New Zealand from UK Service details
Most sea freight services to New Zealand from UK, tranship in the Far East (Singapore, Port Kelang or Hong Kong). However, direct sailings can be found, when a quicker sea freight transit to New Zealand is more important than the higher sea freight cost of direct sailings.
Below is a guide on sea freight transit times to New Zealand main ports
- Sea Freight to Auckland from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 39 days direct transit to Auckland,or approx. 46 days transit via Far East transhipment port.
- Sea Freight to Wellington from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 47 days transit via a Far East transhipment port.
- Sea Freight to Tauranga from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 46 days transit via a Far East transhipment port.
- Sea Freight to Napier from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 50 days transit via a Far Eastern transhipment port.
- Ro Ro Sailings to Auckland from UK – 2 to 3 sailings per month, with transit of approx. 44 days.
Air Freight to New Zealand from UK Service details
- Direct flights with BA and Air New Zealand to Auckland Airport.
- Cheaper consolidation, transhipping flights via Middle East and Far East, with transit of 3 to 4 days to Auckland Airport.
New Zealand Biosecurity & Prohibited items
- New Zealand has strict bio-security requirements, to prevent the risk of diseases, unwanted insects and pests entering New Zealand land and forestry environment.
- Exporters shipping to New Zealand mustissue a declaration that any timber products used in the packing of their goods, or used as dunnage to secure cargo loaded into sea containers, must meet the ISPM15 standards. Heat Treated or Forestry commission stamps.
- Cars, trucks, caravans, used agricultural machinery should always be steam cleaned before sea freighting to New Zealand from UK, to remove all soil residue and pests.
- Similar to most countries you should check with the New Zealand Customs Broker, if the goods being shipped can be imported into New Zealand. The Customs Broker can confirm before goods are shipped from UK to New Zealand, if they can be imported without any restrictions. Normal prohibited items include: Cash, Diamonds, Bullion, precious metals, live animals, drugs, firearms and ammunition.
Export Cargo Insurance
- It is important to arrange cargo insurance cover, in the event of damage or pilferage during the air and sea freighting to New Zealand from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured unless you ask your freight agents to quote for Cargo Insurance cover.
- You must suitably pack your goods to withstand the normal handling it will endure throughout an air or sea freight to New Zealand.
- Insurance companies and shipping carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is not suitably export packed.
New Zealand Customs Import advice
- We recommend that you check with your New Zealand buyers, that they have a local import customs broker, who can advise the buyers on the customs documentation requirements for importing the products you are shipping from the UK.
- The Customs Brokers can advise on New Zealand import duty and taxes, customs classifications, if any prohibited or restricted goods and full documents required from UK shippers.
- This will avoid any issues of trying to import goods that New Zealand Customs will not allow to be imported and thus prevent wasted storage or other costs having to ship back to the UK.
- Our New Zealand Customs Brokers Lyn Doc Com can assist with this work.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping to New Zealand from UK