Sea Freight to Qatar from UK service details
There are several Ocean carriers offering sea freight services to Qatar from UK, making multiple weekly sailings from Felixstowe, London Gateway and Southampton to Doha Port Qatar via Dubai port of Jebel Ali UAE.
Below is a guide on sea freight transit times from UK to Doha Qatar
- FCL Sea Freight to Doha Qatar from UK – Multiple Weekly sailings with approx. 29days transit.
- LCL Sea Freight to Doha Qatar from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 32 days transit via Jebel Ali UAE.
- Ro-Ro Sea Freight to Doha from UK – 2 to 3 sailings per month via Dubai UAE with approx. 35 days transit.
Air Freight to Qatar from UK Service details
- Direct Daily flights to Hamad International Airport Doha Qatar using Qatar Airlines.
- Lower cost Economy air freight consolidation services, trans-shipping via other Middle East Airport Hubs, with transit of 2 to 3 days to Doha Hamad International Airport.
Security & Prohibited items
- Exporters shipping to Qatar should check with their Qatari buyers to confirm with the buyers’ local Customs brokers, that any special documentation, marking or security requirements are requested from the UK suppliers before shipping to Qatar.
- Cars, Trucks, oil well machinery and used construction equipment, should always be steam cleaned before sea freighting to Doha Qatar from UK, to remove all soil residue and pests.
- Similar to most countries you should also check with the Qatari Customs Broker, if the goods being shipped can be imported into Qatar. The Customs Broker can confirm before goods are shipped from UK to Doha, if they can be imported without any restrictions. There will be a list of restricted or prohibited items that should not be exported to Qatar and these will usually include: Cash, Diamonds, and Bullion, precious metals, certain meat products, live animals, drugs, firearms and ammunition.
Export Cargo Insurance for Qatar
- It is important to arrange cargo insurance cover, in the event of damage or pilferage during the air and sea freighting to Doha Qatar from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured unless you ask your freight agents to quote for Cargo Insurance cover, you accept their quote and you ask them to insure in writing.
- You must suitably pack your goods to withstand the normal multiple handling they will endure throughout an air or sea freight to move to Doha Qatar from UK.
- Insurance companies and shipping carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is not suitably export packed.
Qatari Customs Import advice
- We recommend that you check with your Qatari buyers, that they have a local import customs broker, who can advise the buyers on the customs documentation requirements for importing the products you are shipping from the UK.
- Usually an Arab or European Certificate of Origin is required for importing into Qatar from UK and we recommend your buyers in Qatar check with their localcustoms agent to confirm what type of Certificate of Origin they require to import your goods in to Qatar. As there is a large cost difference in supplying these documents.
- The Customs Brokers can advise the Qatari buyers on the import duty and taxes, customs tariff classifications, if any prohibited or restricted goods and full documents required from the UK shippers. This will avoid any issues of trying to import goods that Qatari Customs will not allow to be imported into Doha and thus prevent possible wasted storage or other costs having to ship back to the UK, should they be rejected.
- If your Qatar buyers do not have a Customs Broker, then EON Logistics will be able to recommend a reliably experienced local Doha Customs Broker, for the buyer to use.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping to Qatar from UK