Sea Freight to Taiwan from UK Service details
Most sea freight services to Taiwan from UK, tranship in the Far East (Singapore, China and Malaysia).
Below is a guide on Sea Freight transit times to Taiwan main ports
- Sea Freight to Kaohsiung Port from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 40 days transit via Singapore.
- Sea Freight to Keelung Port from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 28 days transit via Malaysia or 36 days via China.
- Sea Freight to Taichung Port from UK – Weekly sailings with approx. 42 days transit via Singapore.
- Ro Ro Sailings to Taiwan from UK – 2 to 3 sailings per month, with transit of approximately 40 days.
Air Freight to Taiwan from UK Service details
- Indirect flights with China Airlines and BA transhipping via Europe or Hong Kong with transit of 3 to 4 days to Taipei Airport
Taiwan Biosecurity & Prohibited Items
- Taiwan has strict bio-security requirements, to prevent the risk of diseases, unwanted insects and pests entering Taiwan land and forestry environment.
- Exporters shipping to Taiwan must issue a declaration that any timber products used in the packing of their goods, or used as dunnage to secure cargo loaded into sea containers, must meet the ISPM15 standards. Heat Treated or Forestry commission stamps.
- Cars, trucks, caravans, used agricultural machinery should always be steam cleaned before sea freighting to Taiwan from UK, to remove all soil residue and pests.
- Similar to most countries you should check with the Taiwan Customs Broker, if the goods being shipped can be imported into Taiwan. The Customs Broker can confirm before goods are shipped from UK to Taiwan, if they can be imported without any restrictions. Normal prohibited items include: Cash, Diamonds, Bullion, precious metals, live animals, drugs, firearms and ammunition.
Export Cargo Insurance
- It is important to arrange cargo insurance cover, in the event of damage or pilferage during the air and sea freighting to Taiwan from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured unless you ask your freight agents to quote for Cargo Insurance cover.
- You must suitably pack your goods to withstand the normal handling it will endure throughout an air or sea freight to Taiwan.
- Insurance companies and shipping carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is not suitably export packed.
Taiwan Customs Import advice
- We recommend that you check with your Taiwan buyers, that they have a local import customs broker, who can advise the buyers on the customs documentation requirements for importing the products you are shipping from the UK.
- The Customs Brokers can advise on Taiwan import duty and taxes, customs classifications, if any prohibited or restricted goods and full documents required from UK shippers.
- This will avoid any issues of trying to import goods that Taiwan Customs will not allow to be imported and thus prevent wasted storage or other costs having to ship back to the UK.
Our reliable Taiwan Customs Brokers Sevenstar International Co Ltd can assist with this work.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping to Taiwan from UK