Road Freight & Freight Forwarding to Norway
International Shipping To Norway
Norway is a Scandinavian country in Northern Europe which borders Russia, Finland and Sweden. Norway is the fourth largest country in Europe with an estimated population of around 5.3 million people.
Norway is the UK’s 23rd largest market with exports worth £3.8 billion in 2014. Some of the top UK Exports to Norway include industrial machinery and pharmaceuticals.
We provide Door to Door Road Freight, Sea and Air Freight Services to and from Norway and UK. Our full range of competitive cargo logistics services to and from Norway, will suit both commercial manufacturers and private shippers/traders.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping UK to Norway
EON Logistics staff have over 40 years’ experience offering International Freight services to Norway from UK to all of Norway’s main towns, cities, islands and air ports. We ship Commercial Cargo, Oversized/Heavy OOG Project Cargo and International Removals throughout Norway. Oil well, Fishery and Construction Equipment transport, Exhibition Priority Express Road Freight, as well as dedicated large Tour Truck Transport for Music/Stage equipment for live events in Oslo.
We supply all the following types of Sea, Road Transport and Air Freight services to Norway’s main population centres of: Oslo/ Bergen/Drammen/Larvik/ Moss/Svalbard/Tromso & Trondheim.
- Daily Road Freight Transport to Norway from UK
- Groupage/Part load Road Freight throughout Norway
- Full Load Road Transport UK to Norway
- Dedicated Express Transport to Norway for urgent deliveries
- FCL Sea Containers UK to Oslo, Norway
- Air freight UK to Oslo Airport, Priority or Economy services
- OOG/Oversized Cargo Road Transport UK to Norway
- Freight Logistics Transport for Live Events in Oslo
- D.I.Y. International Removals to Norway from UK
- Low Loader Transport for Oil well & Construction Equipment
- UK Procurement/Trading services for Norwegian buyers
- Exhibition Express Road Transport UK to Oslo Trade Shows
- UK Export Packing Services, order collections & consolidation
UK to Norway Service information
- Full load Road Freight to Norway, transit 4 to 6 days, sailings ex Immingham each Thursday and Saturday.
- Twice weekly Pallet Transport and small part load groupage consignments. Transit subject to finals destination and customs clearance, would be approx 5 to 7 days. Departing each Thursday and Saturday.
- Express Road Transport, Small dedicated vans for time sensitive deliveries. Transit 3 to 4 days, on occasions via Denmark (subject to customs at border).
- FCL Full Container Services weekly, with transit of 4 to 6 days.
- Multiple Daily direct Air Cargo Freight services to Oslo, Priority Express and economy rated services available to arrival airport or to door throughout Norway.
European Express Road Transport from UK to Norway
When time is of the essence, we can make special arrangements for delivery within particular time limits throughout Norway, often collecting within a few hours of booking and delivering as quickly as possible. Subject to sailings, we can use Thursday and Saturday sailings from Immingham UK, or if needed in Norway quicker, small vans can drive to Denmark, over to Sweden and then onto Norway. Using the most appropriate of our selection of vehicles detailed below, we provide a responsive and secure European Express Road Transport Service that will live up to the most demanding requirements.
We have access to various different vehicles
- Dedicated Small European Express Vans (Max 1200kgs)
- Larger Euro-Box Vans up to 9500kgs
- Flat Bed Trailers (Max 26000kgs)
- Standard 13.6m Curtain Siders and Euroliners
- Road Trains and Mega Trailers
- Low Loaders and Semi Low Loaders
- 20ft & 40ft GP and 45ft HC Pallet Wide Containers
- Temperature Controlled Small Box Vans & Box Trailers
Norway Customs Import advice
It is the responsibility of the buyers in any country, to confirm with the customs in their own country that they are allowed to import the goods they are buying from UK suppliers. Norwegian companies buying from UK will normally have a local Customs Broker, who will advise on their local Customs authorities importing requirements: What HS Customs Commodity Codes are appropriate for the goods being imported from UK, the local Customs Duty and Taxes to be paid and any special documents Norwegian Customs will require. All UK export customs and import customs into Norway is performed electronically and subject to no issues or delays, customs clearance can be completed fairly quickly (sometimes immediately the truck or air flight arrives). A EUR 1 customs movement certificate is normally required by Norwegian customs and the buyers’ customs brokers should confirm if this is required, together with all the documents they need from the shippers, before shipment leave the UK, in order that all documents required are supplied.
Goods in Transit Cargo Insurance for Norway
- It is important to arrange goods in transit cargo insurance cover, for the rare event of a damage or pilferage incident during a road, sea or air transport to Norway from the UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured, unless you arrange via your own companies Insurance brokers, or you ask your Freight Forwarder to quote for Goods in Transit Insurance cover and you accept their quote.
- You should not rely on the transporter to Norway’s liability insurance cover, under their CMR road, Sea bill of lading or Air waybill terms and conditions. This does not equate to the value of your goods and may rely on some proof of negligence by the transport company, which is naturally difficult to prove.
- We recommend that you must always suitably export pack your goods to withstand the normal multiple handling, transhipping or stacking it will endure throughout a normal international transport movement to Norway from UK.
- Insurance companies and transport carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is not suitably export packed.
Click here to Get a Quote Shipping UK to Norway