Road Freight & Freight Forwarding to Russia
International Shipping To Russia
With a very impressive 17,125,200 square kilometres; Russia is the world’s largest nation. Russia borders European and Asian countries as well as the Pacific and Arctic oceans.
Russia has an estimated population of 144 million people. UK exports of goods and services to Russia grew by over 75% between 2009 and 2012. UK goods and services exports to Russia were worth £7.6 billion in 2013.
Reliable UK Road Freight and Shipping Services to Russia. We offer a choice of reliable Road Freight options to Russia, together with Sea Freight and Air Freight services UK to Russia for both commercial and private shippers/traders.
Click here to Get A Quote Shipping UK to Russia
EON Logistics staff have over 40 years’ experience offering International Freight Shipping Services to Russia from UK to all of Russia’s main cities, sea and air Ports. We ship Commercial Cargo, Construction Equipment, OOG Project Cargo, Household removals to Russia, Agricultural and Mining Equipment transport, Exhibition Express Road Freight and Music equipment for live events in Moscow.
We supply all the following types of international Freight Shipping services to Russia’s main cities of: Moscow, St Petersburg, Kalingrad, Sochi and Vladivostok.
- Ocean Freight rates from UK to Russia
- FCL – Full Container Shipping to Russia from UK
- LCL Sea Freight Shipping to Moscow Russia, for small shipments
- Road Freight Transport costs to Russia from UK
- Groupage/Pallets Road Freight UK to Moscow Russia
- Full Load Road Transport to Russia from UK
- Express Transport UK to Russia for urgent deliveries
- Airfreight rates UK to Moscow via Priority or Economy services
- Fine Art packing & Airfreighting to Moscow Russia from UK
- OOG/Oversized Road Transport UK to Russia
- Freight Logistics Transport for Live Events in Moscow
- International Removals to Moscow Russia from UK
- Construction & Mining Equipment Shipping to Russia
- UK Procurement/Trading services for Russian buyers
- Exhibition Express Road Transport UK to Moscow Trade Shows
- Used Machinery Transport to Russia from UK
- UK Export Packing Services, order collections & consolidation
UK to Russia Service information
Cargo transporting from UK to Russia travels by Road, Rail, Sea and Air Freight. Subject to the value and any deadlines for arrival, Sea Freight is the least costly and Air Freight is normally used for high value and urgent time sensitive cargo. The below service details are current and should be re checked at time of enquiry.
- Sea Freight to St Petersburg, weekly with approx. 8 days transit. However, some parts of Russia are served via Estonia and Lithuania.
- Road Freight to Moscow, Russia, Full load transit approx 14 days.
- Pallet Transport to Moscow, Russia, small groupage consignments. Weekly departures, with transit of approx. 14 to 18 days up to arrival Moscow Customs warehouse.
- Express Road Transport to Moscow, Russia from UK. Small priority cargos, max 1200kgs per express curtain or box van. Transit of approx 3 to 5 days (subject to customs in Russia).
- Air Freight to Moscow Russia from UK, daily direct flights with Aeroflot and BA and multiple connecting flights via other European Airport hubs (subject to change).
European Express Road Transport from UK to Russia CIS
When time is of the essence, we can make special arrangements for delivery within particular time limits, often collecting within a few hours of booking and delivering as quickly as possible. Using the most appropriate of our selection of vehicles detailed below, we provide a responsive and secure CIS European Express Road Transport Service that will live up to the most demanding requirements.
We have access to various different vehicles
- Dedicated Small European Express Vans (Max 1200kgs)
- Larger Euro-Box Vans up to 9500kgs
- Flat Bed Trailers (Max 26000kgs)
- Standard 13.6m Curtain Siders and Euroliners
- Road Trains and Mega Trailers
- Low Loaders and Semi Low Loaders
- 20ft & 40ft GP and 45ft HC Pallet Wide Containers
- Temperature Controlled Small Box Vans & Box Trailers
Russian Customs Import advice
How Russian Customs works: It is the responsibility of the buyers in any country, to confirm with the customs in their own country that they are allowed to import the goods they are buying from UK suppliers. Russian companies or private parties buying from UK must be a contract holder with Russian Customs, or they can use the services of a technical importer of a Customs Broker, who will take on the responsibilities of importing the goods and help the buyers check with the Russian Customs authorities: What the HS Commodity Codes are for the goods being imported from UK to Russia, the Customs Duty and Taxes rates to be paid and any special documents Russian customs require. We do not arrange Customs Clearances in Russia; the importers Broker arrange this work and charge the local costs to the Russian buyers. EON Logistics are happy to recommend a Russian Customs Broker to the importers, should the Russian importers not already work with one.
Export Cargo Insurance for Russia
- It is important to arrange cargo insurance cover, in the event of a damage or pilferage occurrence during transport to Russia from UK.
- Your Cargo is not insured, unless you arrange via your own companies Insurance brokers, or you ask your Freight Forwarder to quote for Goods in Transit Insurance cover and you accept their quote.
- You should not rely on the transporters to Russia liability insurance cover, under CMR, Air or Ocean terms and conditions. This does not equate to the value of your goods and may rely on some proof of negligence by the transport company (which can be difficult to prove).
- It is important to suitably export pack your goods to withstand the normal multiple handling or stacking it will endure throughout an international transport movement to Russia from UK.
- Insurance companies and transport carriers may refuse to accept any claims, if cargo is not suitably export packed.
What is Freight Forwarding?
Freight Forwarders are a bit like travel agents, in that instead of knowing all the best passenger airlines serving Russia, best beach resorts, hotels or cruise lines for your holidays to Russia, a good Freight Forwarder will know the most reliable UK to Russia Road Transport operators, Ocean Freight Shipping services and Air Cargo Carriers, from the large number who advertise international logistics services from UK to Russia.
Your Freight Forwarder does not own the Ocean vessels, the Road Transport trucks, or the Cargo Aircraft serving Russian ports from UK, his role is purely as an agent, to select the most suitable and cost effective cargo freight services from UK to Russia for his client’s international freighting needs.
Most Logistics Companies in UK, offering transport services to Russia, have experience of shipping normal/easy to handle commercial cargos, via Road Transport or as FCL/LCL in standard ocean shipping containers. Only a small number of specialist UK Project Freight Forwarders will have the right analytical experience of transporting cargos to Russia that is oversized or heavy cargo, out of the box. Transporting OOG or Oversized Cargo/Heavy Lift Freight to Russia requires many years of hands on Project Freight shipping experience, which we have in abundance.
Whatever you need to transport to Russia from UK and based on your delivery deadlines, we will identify and offer you a wide choice of road transport, ocean freight shipping or air freight cost and service options UK to Russia; we look after all the UK Road Transport, Port Security, UK Customs and the standard shipping documentation needs, required for shipping your cargo to Russia from UK.
Should the Russian buyers not have a local customs broker, to handle the local Russian import customs clearance requirements, EON Logistics can recommend reliable Customs Brokers in Russia, who can assist the Russian buyers with the special local import Customs Clearing Documentary requirements.
Click here to Get A Quote Shipping UK to Russia